Our Infrastructure and Industrial Corrosion Consultant
Leandro Etcheverry has over 30 years of experience related to corrosion and materials issues. His dissertation while pursuing his doctoral degree involved the installation and evaluation of galvanic and impressed current cathodic protection (CP) systems at the Queen Isabella Causeway which connects South Padre Island to Port Isabel in Texas. His first assignment as a full-time employee involved a research project sponsored by the Strategic Highway Research Program of the Federal Highway Administration involving the evaluation of CP, electrochemical chloride extraction and corrosion inhibitors in fifty bridges as well as in the laboratory.
Leandro is a registered professional engineer in Florida, Texas, North Carolina, Arizona, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He has been registered as professional engineer in Florida since February 2005. Prior to starting 3e+ in early 2017, Leandro Etcheverry held leadership positions in prestigious firms dedicated to infrastructure rehabilitation including Concorr, Structural Group, Walter P. Moore and Wiss, Janney, Elstner.
Leandro has been involved in corrosion condition evaluations primarily of transportation, industrial, marine and energy structures. He has also worked extensively on condominiums with coastal exposure. Leandro has also served as CP Specialist on projects on behalf of the department of transportations of the states of Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, and Oregon. Leandro is also a NACE-certified Level 3 coating inspector and has been involved in the design, inspection and failure analysis of coating systems.
Leandro has been active in NACE International since 1996. He is a member of several technical committees and has held different leadership positions over the years including:
- NACE TMG C1 Associate Program Coordinator for the Annual Conference Program Committee,
- Chair NACE STG 01 - Reinforced Concrete, TG 290 - Design Considerations for Corrosion Control, and
- Vice-chair NACE STG 01 - Reinforced Concrete, TG 047 - Sacrificial Cathodic Protection.
Leandro values time spent in the field “listening” to the structure. His recommendations to Clients are guided by what is best for the structure. He believes strongly in providing options to Clients so that Clients can make informed choices in consideration of their opportunities and constraints.
Expert Opinion Topics
We provide expert opinions on a range of topics.
- Evaluating the Root Cause of Deterioration, Distress or Failure: We are experienced in investigating causes of deterioration/distress/failure utilizing field and laboratory testing.
- Determining the Extent of Deterioration, Distress or Failure: We have the expertise to determine the extent of the deterioration/distress/failure.
- Developing Repair Recommendations: Our corrosion and materials experts are knowledgeable in developing suitable repair recommendations.
- Establishing Probable Costs: Our team of corrosion and materials experts can provide estimates of probable cost associated with the repair recommendations.
Providing In-Depth Scientific Analyses and Expert Testimony for Corrosion Litigation
Take the first step in getting the right experts to advise you by calling